An often overlooked John Carpenter film – Village of the Damned is actually a pretty creepy little flick and it’s great to see that Scream Factory is going to give it the love it deserves.
Coming at us as a Collectors Edition Blu-ray release – it will be hitting shelves on April 12th and as Scream Factory tends to do, they’ve loaded this baby us with special feature galore – check this out!
- NEW It Takes A Village: The Making of Village of the Damned featuring interviews with director John Carpenter, producer Sandy King, actors Michael Pare, Peter Jason, Karen Kahn, Meredith Salenger, Thomas Dekker, Cody Dorkin, Lindsey Haun, Danielle Wiener-Keaton and make-up effects artist Greg Nicotero
- NEW HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS – revisiting the locations of the film
- NEW The Go To Guy: Peter Jason on John Carpenter
- Vintage interviews featuring John Carpenter, Christopher Reeves, Kirstie Alley, Linda Kozlowski, Mark Hamill and Wolf Rilla (director of the original VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED)
- Vintage Behind-the-scenes footage
- Theatrical Trailer
- Behind-the-Scenes Still Gallery
Starring Christopher Reeve, Kirstie Alley, Linda Kozlowski and Michael Paré the film tells the following tale:
“From the master of suspense, John Carpenter, comes a chilling new version of the sci-fi classic. Something is terribly wrong in the tiny village of Midwich. After an unseen force invades a quiet coastal town, ten women mysteriously find themselves pregnant. Local physician Dr. Alan Chaffee (Christopher Reeve) and government scientist Dr. Susan Verner (Kirstie Alley) join forces when the women simultaneously give birth… and the reign of supernatural terror begins. In what The New York Times calls “one scarifying trip,” the people of Midwich must try to find a way to stop the unstoppable in the Village of the Damned.”
If you’re a true fan you’ll want to take note of this. If you pre-order the disc through the official Scream Factory site, you get the release a couple of weeks early but better yet – you get a copy of the new commissioned artwork for your very own!